220 SEB COUPE SCHIEBEDACH HIMMEL

• Hello to all: I am completing the restoring of my 220 seb coupe and actually I am renewing the dachhimmel. The problem is that I found out that opening roof top has not the frame (schiebedach himmelrahmen). I have seen this frame is no more available, but maybe someone could suggest any hint (material, sizes), to do it by yourself?

Thank you in advance

Stefano

Hallo an alle: Ich beende die Restaurierung meines 220 seb Coupés und renovierung dachhimmel. Das Problem ist, dass ich herausgefunden habe, dass das schiebedach nicht den himmelrahmen hat.

Ich habe gesehen, dass dieser Rahmen nicht mehr verfügbar ist, aber vielleicht könnte jemand einen Hinweis (Material, Größen) vorschlagen, um es selbst zu tun?

Vielen Dank im Voraus

Stefano

• Hi Stefano,

you are talking about the inner covering of the sliding roof?

Would be better to get yourself a used one instead of trying to reconstruct it. Because it is a frame of a certain quality of spring steel strips, to keep the covering under a certain tension.

Here´s an offer on Ebay: CLICK

A used covering will fit from all W110/111/112 models with manual sliding roof.

Good luck,

and regards,

Lutz

• The first link you sent me on kleinanzeigen, he told me parts are reserved till saturday :-/. I found another one that sells schiebedach complete of all but probably he doesnt know english or google translate: now I have written to him in deutsch. Let’ s see...

• Unfortunately, on Ebay Kleinanzeigen, part was already sold, but I tried to write for a request to Mercedeslager, and he found a used frame that I have already received!

Problem solved, also thank to Lutz, because I remembered about Bruno Wenner while looking the thread linked above! :thumbup: